Difference between DNA Replication & Transcription
Before getting into the discussion that how the actual process of transcription takes place, first we have to get a good understaning of some key features, facts and some essential terms to understand.
After that we will be able to understand the actual process of transcription.
We will discuss the process of transcription in both prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
The first question is that
How DNA makes a RNA copy?
To answer that question we will first go through some definitions:
- DNA replication is like printing a copy of all the pages of a book. The replication process occurs only at the time of cell division.
- Transcription can take place at any time but only certain selected regions of the DNA are copied. This is like taking xerox copy of particular page of the book
- The genetic information in DNA is transcribed (copied) to the messenger RNA (mRNA).
- During transcription, the message from the DNA is copied in the language of nucleotides (4 letter language).
- The mRNA then reaches the cytoplasm where it is translated into functional proteins
- During translation, the nucleotide…
FOR COMPLETE LESSON CLICK BIOCHEMISTRY I TAB, THEN CLICK VITAMINS. IN THE VITAMINS TAB CLICK SURRICULUM TO VIEW THE LESSONS